Orbits is looking for a remote PR and content marketing powerhouse to join our fast-growing startup. You will work with a small but powerful multidisciplinary team of inventors, creators and believers (in a non-cultish way). We’re passionate about creating a new global standard for the virtual aspects of our lives, and we need your help to spread the word (again, this really is a startup, not a cult).
In this role, you will be responsible for executing our public relations strategy and generating media coverage to build awareness and excitement around our virtual sites and metaverse platform. You will also be responsible for writing and curating engaging content on our digital channels.
Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the technology and business media landscape, strong writing and editing skills, and a hunger for high profile media placements. He will also be a creative thinker capable of developing our brand voice through compelling ideas and stories, working closely with our leadership team and creative director to bring ideas to life.
nuts and bolts
- Raising awareness of the tech/business press and general media
- Weekly responsibilities include proactively driving press activities and communications content in line with business development, campaigns and marketing initiatives.
- Reactive PR
- Monitor daily calls from journalists to find sources and present them wherever there is an opportunity
- proactive PR
- New monthly press release – pitch ideas directly to our CCO and CEO, write copy, send release, follow up two to three times with direct emails to reporters
- Connect directly with journalists, find out what they’re working on and how we can help
- Introduce elements of thought leadership
- Pitch to podcasts
- Monitor relevant opportunities such as media awards
- Maintain press outreach database with new contacts and outreach notes
- Share progress on any earned media
- Add media coverage to coverage tracking and calculate value
- Social Media Responsibilities
- Managing the social media calendar – aiming for a consistent flow of content to grow our audience. Prepare three posts per week for Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Cover three pillars of content: Features, Testimonials, Events
- Like and follow other accounts, and generally encourage engagement
- Manage the occasional social advertising campaign
Developed in Sydney during a global pandemic, the Orbits platform was designed to support a new layer of reality. In 18 months, our startup has created immersive virtual and hybrid locations for the United Nations, Microsoft and ASUS, and many more. We have big plans in this rapidly changing landscape, and we hope you do too.
Please provide your daily rate, CV and any relevant writing samples.